If you let us know you’re in the market to refinance your loan, then we can help you transfer your mortgage to your new lender
Google “home loan refinancing Australia” and more than 3.2 million web results pop up. Some are news stories about refinancing. There are a few blog posts commenting on refinancing, too.
But the bulk of the sites seem to offer refinancing services to you.
It’s never been easier to refinance your loan than it is today.
And in the current loan market, you may find you can improve your lending rate and the terms of your loan if you’re prepared to go with another lender.
The problem with refinancing your loan through a different lender
If you choose a new company to refinance your loan, you need to be able to answer the following questions…
- Are there any stamp duty implications related to the refinance?
- How do I let my current lender know?
- How do I arrange for my current lender to provide to me a payout amount and a discharge of mortgage?
- What will the new lender need me to do?
- What do I need to do with the documents provided to me by the new lender?
- The new lender has asked me to provide a number of items. Where do I get these items?
- How will my current lender and my new lender finalise the refinance?
- What will happen to my certificate of title?
Some lenders will “hold your hand” through the refinancing process. But others will not.
However, that doesn’t mean refinancing has to be stressful.
If you are refinancing an existing loan, Pitt Street Conveyancing can help you through the refinancing process.
We can review and advise on the loan and mortgage documents from your new lender as well as coordinate the discharge of your current lender’s mortgage.
We can tell whether or not you must pay stamp duty or whether or not there is an exemption available to you.
Ask us for a quote today.
Our Service Commitment
Whether you are a first time home buyer or an experienced property investor, the solicitors at Pitt Street Conveyancing will provide you with a tailored service depending on your needs. The experience of our solicitors and our tried and tested systems enable us to provide clients with a true “value for money” service. Your matter, regardless of how big or small a transaction it is, will be conducted by an experienced solicitor with the support of highly experienced staff.