Conveyancing for Selling
Pitt Street Conveyancing can take the hassle out of selling your home – and remove the stress of paperwork, documentation and legal details
Selling Your Property?
Whether you are a first time seller or an experienced property investor, the solicitors at Pitt Street Conveyancing will provide you with a tailored service depending on your needs
With over 30 years of experience, Pitt Street Conveyancing’s Solicitors know exactly how to guide you and protect your interests throughout the process of selling your property.
Do you know:
- The names of all the documents that you have to include in a Contract for sale of land? (And where to find them?)
- What information you are legally required to disclose to prospective buyers?
- What items are usually included in a sale?
- How to make amendments to the Contract so that they are legally binding?
- What your responsibilities are at “exchange” and “settlement”?
Why Hire a Solicitor?
Whether you’re aware of it or not, right now there could be any number of issues that may cause a delay in settling your sale. It’s surprising what can go wrong. Our experienced solicitors have the expertise to guide you through the sale process. They will discuss your sale and advise you of any potential issues that may impede the sale of your property.
We Make Your Job Easier
A solicitor from Pitt Street Conveyancing will guide you through the process (and take care of most of the paperwork, phone calls and legwork for you)
Experience You Can Trust
You’ll be protected by the depth of experience and knowledge of the solicitors at Pitt Street Conveyancing.
We Work to Your Timeframes
Your Solicitor from Pitt Street Conveyancing will do everything they can to complete your transaction as quickly as possible
Why Choose Pitt Street Conveyancing?
Pitt Street Conveyancing solicitors take a proactive approach to conveyancing, and we work hard to push your transaction along.
After 30 years in the industry, there aren’t many situations we haven’t seen when it comes to conveyancing. We will communicate with you, your agent and your lender promptly and regularly throughout the transaction to make the process as smooth as possible.
We aim to make the process as stress free for you as it can be. We will review the contract, negotiate the necessary amendments, speak with your lender and do as much as we possibly can for you to ensure a smooth settlement – all without bothering you with unnecessary questions or demands.
Our Conveyancing Process for Sellers
Contract preparation and marketing phase
- Before you put your property on the market, we’ll prepare the contract for sale of your property
- We will order all the searches required to be included in the contract for sale and prepare the contract based on your instructions.
- We will provide the contract to your real estate agent so that they can commence marketing the property for sale.
- We will promptly respond to any legal enquiries received from prospective purchasers or their solicitors.
- We will assist in negotiating any amendments requested by prospective purchasers or their solicitors in relation to the contract for sale.
- We will organise for you to sign the contract and for an exchange of contracts after your agent has negotiated the terms of sale of the property. Sometimes the agent will arrange for contracts to exchange.
After Exchange and Settlement
- We will assist you with letting your lender know that you have sold the property and arrange to complete, sign and return to the lender the lender’s form of discharge authority.
- We will assist you with preparing replies to the purchaser’s requisitions on title.
- We will arrange for you to sign the transfer in readiness for settlement.
- We will coordinate settlement with your discharging lender and the purchaser’s solicitor.
- We will finalise settlement figures and the calculation of settlement adjustments, as well as obtain a payout amount from your lender.
- We will attend at settlement and collect the settlement money, deliver the payout amount to your lender and deliver the certificate of title and transfer to the purchaser’s solicitor.
- Arrange for any surplus funds to be deposited into your bank account if required.
- After settlement we will report to you regarding the settlement.
- We will notify the agent that settlement has taken place.
And that’s it!
If you’d like to know more about Pitt Street Conveyancing’s service, request your free no-obligation quote